Friday, July 20, 2012

hanging around...

When we first moved here, Lily asked me everyday with a reassuring tone "Daddy is coming home tonight right mommy?" I think it was semi-traumatizing to have such a powerful figure in her life be there for her everyday for 3.5 years and then suddenly he wasn't there like she relied on so heavily when he was living away from us during the week. And with most kids, they are resilient so she's flying high when I say "yes, of course he is" and I can see her breathing a little lighter. And jumping a little higher.
apparently the toy box doubles as a dancing stage, a place for concerts and also as a trampoline or a diving board.


raising her hand, playing school which she does around the clock these days. she starts school next week (i've been saying that since we got here) and my feelings are all over the map about this.


she's just growing up way too fast for me. things are so different about her lately, but so the same. it's like this abstract feeling of a new kid I get when I'm with her. I can't put my finger on it. Is it her face, her voice, her expressions, her walk, her hair? I can't place it because I see her everyday that it's so gradual, but so drastic.

and Grady? he seems the same as the day he was born....happy go lucky, waving all the time, and smiles in his sleep. He sure doesn't like his new teeth coming in - that surely makes him mad, but oversized jammies don't bother him much.

the 3 musketeers - the playroom is like a family magnet for everyone. it's separate from the rest of the house and looks like a mini-classroom where the kids gravitate as soon as they wake up - we usually follow.

Lily is really into magic lately. "mommy you can't touch me because I'm going to lose my magic powers" as she prances around with her magic wand. "Unless you're going to hug me or kiss me then you can touch me." she clarifies.
Her latest trick? Disappearing. See these ordinary boxes and her assistant Grady?

tada- she disappeared, but we're so happy she's back.

"mommy don't tell anyone how I did my magic trick okay? It's a secwet."

peek a boo

another narcoleptic on our hands - randomly will rest his head wherever he can when he needs a mental break. My favorite place is when he rests on my shoulder. (happy sigh)

ready for more playing....


a lapboard in the car...best invention ever!!

Grady got a little carried away with his game of basketball. Think he was trying to sabotage the opponent.

playing peek a boo with one of his many friends he picks up along the way.

while we waited for our little ballerina and tap dancer to be finished with her class.

being fitted for her recital costume - boots are not part of the costume.

at 15 month checkup for the Gradester- all is healthy and happy in his world. I was a little worried because he's pretty bow-legged and I immediately envisioned him in leg braces for a year limping around trying to straighten them out, but Dr. Stout (yes, that is her name) said it's perfectly normal and will work itself out on its own. She added "you sure make them big over there in Naples" about G-money. I agree. Holding and playing with him is like playing with a 4 year old school aged child. Ready for this one? Lily and Grady are wearing the same shoe size!! Yes, I said it! Granted, Lily's feet have always been small, but come on? They're 2 and half years apart to the day!! wowsa! Linebacker, catcher or defensive end, we've got a big'un on our hands.


Life is good.


1 comment:

Grandpa said...

In the playroom, Lily sitting on that tall stool and jumping off the toy chest shows her real personality. . . fun loving and whimsical . . .

It touches my heart strings when Lily would ask . . . “Is daddy coming home tonight?” . . . WOW . . . now that’s a tough one!

. . . and btw . . . I sure like Grady’s blonde hair . . . where ever that came from!

Love Ya!

Dad & Grandpa