Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Big Scare!!!!!

Before I begin this story, let me reassure you that everything is fine!! Got it? Everything is fine! Ok, here it goes....I'm so emotionally spent right now that I have to tell the condensed version...

So I've been spotting brown almost everyday since it started on 8/3. From what I've read, all of your stories and talking to my doctor and multiple nurses, I felt VERY REASSURED with it and somewhat comforted by it bc it was a way to know that Baby H is really snuggling in me for a fun 9 months together! No worries!! I was OK with it because it was brown in color, very light in quantity, and never red!

If I ever saw red, I would know it was the devil in my mind! Well, last night, I saw red and LOTS OF IT! The quantity and the color changed together at the same time! I was convinced it was over. Woke up this morning and more red! Like a full period red! Red clotting too so I knew it was not good. Later in the day, I peed red and knew it was time to take action. I thought I was miscarrying on the spot!! To say I was crying hysterical is an understatement!!

Remember...everything is OK now....

Called the IVF nurse AGAIN (we spoke in the morning) and she said not to worry too much bc I wasnt cramping, but the quantity change was a concern so she suggested I might want to go to the emergency room for an u/s since their office was 2+ hours away. D suggested calling our local ob/gyn which I'm so glad he did bc they fit me in to a full booked schedule when it was already 3:00ish!!!

Remember...everything is OK now....

We waited for over an hour, then went for the u/s where she asked me a TON of questions before the exam! Symptoms, spotting, color, quantity, dates, retrieval, clotting, history, you name it!! I cried through most of her questions. [Note: D&I have had ONLY TWO ultrasounds with her and BOTH ended in miscarriages with her having to tell us the bad news.] We have not have the best of luck with her to say the least.

Remember...everything is OK now....

As soon as she started the exam, the heartbeat came right up!!! It was beating away! MORE TEARS EVERYWHERE!! It was beating so fast! Then she turned on the speakers (which I was expecting at all) and suddenly we heard horses galloping through the office and I looked at D with a puzzled look and she said "that's the heartbeat sweetie". Baby H is measuring right on date and the heartbeat was 115bpm which they said is great too!

They said the bleeding is normal and coming from "implantation bleeding" where Baby H is getting nestled into my uterus hitting blood vessels and he/she must've hit a big one last night causing all the blood. They also saw another sac of fluid in the uterus which is normal and causing more bleeding. Ultrasound tech thought it might've been from the 2nd embryo trying to implant but didnt... leaving behind remnants, but Dr. T said that was ulikely (theory made sense to me). He says he sees that sac of fluid is non-ivf pregnancies as well. So the bleeding is coming from 2 places and all COMPLETELY NORMAL!!! that's all I needed to hear! He said we're not out of the woods yet (thanks Doc) and 15% of pregnancies with bleeding end in miscarriage, but I flipped it around and thought 85% succeed so that's what I'm focusing on! He said the next 3 weeks are VERY CRUCIAL and I need to take it SUPER EASY, stay off my feet and drink lots of water!! 10-4 good buddy!! If I have heavy cramping then I need to be concerned, but bleeding is ok for me.......right now I'm on my knees thanking God for another day of being pg as I'm taking this day by day!! I love you all!! Ultrasound tech gave us a hug at the end and was glad to finally give us good news!!!!!!!!

So much for the "short version"...also, I can not be held responsible for any typos or run on sentences!!!
Please keep praying and loving on Baby H!!! It's days like today I'm glad we're not "public" about our pregnancy bc it's just so many ups and downs to take such a big crowd on the ride so thanks for keeping it to yourself!!!! We love you!!!

6 comments:

Topcat said...

Oh my goodness - the rollercoaster certainly doesn't end with a BFP. Heavens, what a day for you. I hope you're ok - I am thinking of you, try to take it easy.

Here I am said...

Wow- I am SO happy everything is oka. That must have been so scary. You know everytime I go to the bathroom, I get so nervous I'll see the red. I am so relieved everything turned out okay. This whole thing is such a day to day experience. Things can change in a second. Wooh!

anna said...

Oh my gosh...I'm SO happy you and little ittie baby are o.k. What a scare! You certainly had my heart rate up as I was reading your story...I can only imagine how terrified you were. Hopefully, no more scares and the rest of the 9 months is smooth sailin. I'll be thinkin about you guys and making sure you're in my prayers!

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly and David,
Janet sent me the link to your blog and I have been checking it almost every day to see your progress. Just wanted to let you know that Mr. Eric and I are praying for you guys and Baby H :).

Love,
Alexis and Eric

Caba said...

What a scary experience! I'm glad to hear that everything is ok and will be thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Hi kelly,

I am 9w pregnant after my first IVF and I had the same kind of experience as you. It was so----absolutely terrifying that I too thought that I had lost the baby. Fortunately the doc said that it is common with IVF pregnancies and it is called a subchorionic bleed and usually resolves it self in a couple of weeks. I just wanted to say that I can understand the panic you felt and also the gratitude at seeing the baby alive and good. Good luck and will pray for you.
Thanks,N