Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Ultrasound Results

Nurse called and the u/s showed there is still "a significant amount" of tissue and stuff in my uterus that needs to be passed. I'll start the Cytotech drug Thursday night (can't start tonight bc I'm on a field trip tomorrow) and see him again on Monday for another ultrasound. It should be a lot clearer by then. This is a POWERFUL DRUG!!! If flies thru me like a racecar driver!! (did u know "racecar" is spelled the same way forwards and backwards?)
He'll also put me on Levaquin which is an antibiotic to decrease chance of infection.

I went to DSI today for a 'redraw' and it didnt go well. First I spoke to the supervisors of supervisors and they said it's not "customary" to waive fees for lost blood. I asked if it was "customary" to lose blood! Of course, they said no and all that bull-honkey-tonk! Then they gave me the phone # for the supervisor of the supervisor of the supervisor and I left an assertive voicemail for her. I tried to use my disappointed teacher voice. If they don't cover the costs for the lost blood, I will take my blood to another lab! Not just any ole' lab can have my precious blood!! I choose my vampires carefully! They are in stiff competition with 2 other labs in town so I will bring my blood and business elsewhere! Not before complaining all the way up the food chain and writing letters. They don't know who they're messing with!! Then it was on to the blood redraw....

I was being skipped in line and that was making my head turn on fire. I politely reminded them I was there for a 'redraw' and shouldnt have to wait. 20 minutes later, I was sitting in the vampire chair. The intake nurse had a hard time finding the tests they needed to redo and had to get out the 7.000 page DSI manual. I was like "oh, dear, here we go". Another 15 minutes later we figured it out together and then the real vampire walked in....I saw her fangs, but she looked real friendly in her nurse costume, but I knew it was just a cover.

They went in the same vein as my dr did today (after telling me I was poked there already TODAY, but they liked the looks of it and thought it was still OK) and once she poked me, she said, "oh, honey, I'm sorry, I missed your vein. I've gotta pull it out and get someone to try again"...she left the room and I started to feel the tears coming!! If you're a woman and have estrogen in your veins, you know once the brain tells the eyes to start crying, there's no stopping the floodgates!! I kept saying "armpits, armpits, armpits" to try to stop the tears and it worked, but there was still some serious "wellage" - the bad vampire came back and could tell I was upset and felt really bad. Then I felt bad for making her feel bad! She would've felt REALLY bad if I didnt think of the armpits game to stop my tears bc I would've been in the ugly cry by the time she returned! My "ugly cry" is not pretty! Face contortion sets in, red face, need I say more? Then they tried to change the subject while they poked the other arm, but it was like Charlie Brown's teacher was talking because all I heard was "wawh, wawh, wawh, wawh" and I just kept shaking my head like I was listening. I left with 2 bandages on each arm and raced out of there. My garlic potion isn't working anymore!

On my way out, I took a picture of the nurse who was in disguise! Don't you think I'm onto something??...

...
...
...
...
...
...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, you're so funny lol love the armpit trick I'll have to remember that and the disappointed teacher lolol!: ) If they loose the blood this time I'm going back there with you - you take care of the garlic and I'll bring the wooden stakes!!!!

Love ya! Donna

Joanna De Beers said...

LOL too!!! Kelly, it is good to hear the real you again. I was starting to miss the funny, upbeat Kelly!
Good luck!