Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Timing


i just spoke to the dr. office about timing of everything so hold onto your hats for this one....lots of surprising info to me..

once we have our next big appt on Thursday, 1/4/07, they said I could be on the shots for as little as 3-5 days before the egg retrieval!!!!!!!!!! What the?? I thought I'd be on these shots for a few weeks before the egg retrieval!

The IVF steps are like this: 1. Birth Control 2. Shots 3. Egg Retrieval(take my eggs out ) 4. Implantation 5. Pregnancy Test


So that means, I could start shots on 1/4 and have my egg retrieval as early as 1/7 !!! What the?? They said everything depends on how my body reacts to the injections and that's why I have daily ultrasounds/ bloodwork done. Of course, I'll have more shots after the egg retrieval, but they'll be different shots.

wait....there's more...they said once the egg retrieval happens, I WILL have the implantation for sure in 3-5 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is all so fast! I really thought it was a MUCH longer process!!! OMG! I'm freaking out and dont know why...it's so freaking short!!

It seems like the longest time is in between the implantation and the pg test (sigh) where I'll be on different shots....sounds like it's about 4 weeks on shots altogether from the first one to the pg test...then I'll have 10 more weeks of shots after a + pg test which WILL happen!! (staying "positive")
Thanks for caring!!!!!!!

No comments: