Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Girl and Her Ball

This girl can give a lot of love to a ball! She treats all of her balls like her friend. She plays tag with it, laughs with it, chases it, plays peek-a-boo, squeals with delight when it's around, and even hugs it. She acts like Tom Hanks in Castaway with his volleyball named Wilson. Although she hasn't given it an offical name, I think they're going to trade be-fri charms soon!





















Oh, the sweetness of those eyes; one of my favorite pictures taken by Jen when she was with Lily. What in the world is Lily thinking about? World hunger? War in Iraq? Economy? Soaring gas prices? Hmmmmmmmm...


I think not...she's probably thinking about where she can find her next ball to play, giggle, and run! At 13 months old, she is wiser than me and puts everything in perspective about living, laughing, and loving. She makes everything in life so simple!! Thank you Lily for being wise beyond my years! I love you!

Life is good! xoxo

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love this post. The shot where we only see her bum...cuz she is going behind the bushes I think is my favorite one. I do love the pic that Jen took, too! So sweet! :)

Jennifer said...

I remember a certain someone who loved playing with balls too - soccer balls specifically! Hmmmm, maybe Lily takes after her mommy!?

Anonymous said...

awwes mrs lily graceis so precious.
your so lucky kelly:)

Kelle said...

okay, the one of her butt sticking out of the bushes? bwah ha ha. funny baby. and that pic jen took is too cute. i think jeff has some balls he took away from peyton and beckham that lily would love. teach her to throw 'em real hard at stuff.

Mary said...

Beauty! That's all I can think of when I see her sweet face and the wonderment of discovering all the amazing things she is learning! I'm with everyone else - the journey around the bushes in search of the ball is my FAVORITE. But the one Jen took is priceless. How can it ever get better!!???

Love,
Mom

JJ said...

Sweet, sweet pictures=)

I thought of you tonight b/c I saw some info about digital scrapvbooking--and it looked so familiar--and thats when I thought of your blog. That is what you use, correct? I am thinking this might be the way for me to go if I realistically want to make my little man a journal of his first year of life and beyond! Can you email me about the best place to start?

Thanks Kelly! xoxo, JJ
reprojeans@gmail.com

Tisha said...

last pic is just adorable and i LOVE jammied babies in the grass!

Anna Ruth said...

WOW! Those pictures you took are great. The last one is my favorite. You can see her thinking.

Heidi said...

awww...these pics are so cute. i, too, love the bum behind the bushes shot!!!

lol...yes, jeff does have a few glittery, water filled balls that lily can have. i warn you though-when thrown with all your might down a flight of stairs...they MAY hit your huge mirror and tulip filled vase making them shatter to the floor in a million pieces makin' you run out of the bathroom looking for babies that are alive and well..whew.

hope she is feeling better too!

Me said...

Love the pics of her in the grass wearing her pj's.