Sunday, September 30, 2012

Tv and pool

Grady has gone the last 23 months of his life not watching a second of tv....and that's not by our choice.  We couldn't get him to watch a show to save our life.  Tried it all, but somehow he always had a book to read, table to climb, or race to run.  Well, something happened just before vacation and he is now a fan.  Perfect timing on vaca when you're hustling to get out the door packing all the bags, making lunches etc.  It made me laugh and smile every time I'd see them snuggle up together.  Lily would try to hold his hand and he'd pull it away and say "all done" 43 times in a row until she let go. 




I can't tell if Grady wants to ditch the picture or is checking out the chickies at the pool, but his 108 facial expressions crack me up..





off to the pools we go...

snuggle time just before nap time for everyone...



too cute... (ru kidding the crossed legs grady?)

more snuggles just before we left for dinner one night....



Grady fell at the pool early on the trip so he had a north star for every picture thereafter....



this surfing wave prop brought me back to when I went to Disney with Katie and Jordan around this same age back in 2003 ...they hopped up and starting posing and I got choked up thinking about how magical that visit was 9-10 years ago with them as they saw everything for the first time too and I was lucky enough to be there for it.


Everyone always tells us "it happens so fast" while snapping their fingers talking about the wonder years of the toddler/preschool years, but it really hits home when I see this picture of Katie just 9 years ago.



and jordan...



Next up will be universal where the goal was to see Barney, Dora and Curious George - all three goals were accomplished and even David got to have some fun when I volunteered him for one of their shows where he was the star.



Guess who'll be showing up in the next post?



Stay tuned...  have a happy week! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hot tears the minute I saw my babies on those boards. Where did they go? I want to talk to them again, smell their heads, and listen to their stories. Then rock them to sleep.

WAAAAHHHHH!!!!

PS...so glad you had the time of your lives!! You made memories for them of happy family pictures they can look back on. Just like my kids. Aww full circle much.

Off to slit wrists now.
Xoxo
Jc

Anonymous said...

I simply loved everyone of these pics!!

Anonymous said...

By the way, that was Mom!! LOL!!!!