Sunday, June 01, 2008

Lily Plant (with update)

Remember Kelle (via Kelle's dad) gave everyone a Lily bulb at our family shower in February? Well, many have planted them and it's so interesting to hear the "play-by-play" of how they're doing. We hear stories from all over. It's very symbolic and deep to know all these lillies are growing around us while our very own Lily is too.
They all seem to start blooming just as she was born.

Profound.

Ours is VERY close to blooming, but this is a picture of Stephanie's mom's Liliy that she has taken care of, nurtured, and loved to make it what it is today.

Hmm, sounds familiar!!

Lily Flower
Last night David and I were checking ours out and it still had not bloomed. It was close, but no cigar. So I posted this picture of Steph's mom's lily this morning. Later on, I went to peek on our lily to see how it was doing...
this is what I found...

WOW!!

Unlike my husband, I've never had much of a green thumb, (D could tinker in the lawn ALL day every weekend) but this is really exciting to me!!

And if that didn't make you smile...this sure will!! Lily is so interactive and adorable, I could just eat her up!! Also, look at this cute burp cloth we got from Brian and Natalie Boe....they got it on http://www.stripesandpolkadots.com/Default.aspx

Life is good!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Breathtaking. Beautiful.

Kelle said...

Here eyes are getting BLUE!!! Look at that pic!!
Love the lily...do I sense some gaussian, baby? lol!

Tisha said...

Adorable lily pic! She could be a Rockette with her kicking! It's amazing how alert they get and how much personality starts to show through in just 2 months!

Heidi said...

LOVE THE BLUR...those lilies are sooooo amazing. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Yum yum..........................

frizzi-

carie said...

gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kelly, I was just going to ask if you've even remembered to water your plant lily since the real Lily came along lol! I thought of it because my lilies are about to bloom too!

Love, Donna