Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Support System...

They say when you go something in your life, it's so important to have a strong support system. Whether it's sad times or pure euphoria like we're feeling right now, the support system you have around you is oh so important!

Well, I think we have taken the cake, ice cream, brownies, with a cherry on top as far as a support system goes! We have family and friends who love Lily so much already and can't wait to meet and love her just like her parents.

Some are even nesting, while others might believe they are delivering an actual baby next week! Ha! To say we're lucky and blessed is an understatement and I'm just so excited for Lily to come into this world surrounded by so much unconditional love from all over!!


We received these HOMEMADE cookies in the mail yesterday from Cousin Bridgid! They are for the hospital room! How "sweet" is that?? Thanks B!!! xoxo







Then out of nowhere, Godmother Jan decides to send this adorable frame to teach Lily a little early math lesson. Can't wait to fill the frame!! Thanks Jannie!! xoxo

I thought the surprises were over until I opened my sister's blog and read her latest posting. Tears were streaming down my face!! She represents how excited, thankful, loving, and amazing our families and friends are throughout everything. It is very humbling to say the least!! (happy, heavy sigh)


Waiting For Lily...


My sister is pregnant.


My sister is pregnant.

This is the most beautiful picture I have ever seen of my sister.

Happiness radiates from her entire body.

My baby sister...


is going to have........a BABY.

This is a much celebrated baby.

Her name is Lily, and I love her
so much already I can barely stand it.

We have all waited for her, dreamed of her, hoped for her, prayed for her..... since she was a cluster of cells in a Petri dish.

We have wished for Lily even before then, when Kelly and David were in the depths of despair, coping the best they could against steep odds, and doing everything they could and then some, to get pregnant.

We cried, hugged, and grieved with them when Lily's two siblings went to heaven. They are not forgotten. They were loved, and always will be. I know they are watching over her right now.

Lily is surrounded by love........both up in heaven, and here on earth........by Grandmas, Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles, cousins, friends........and parents who yearned to hold her for years.

She is so deeply loved already.

Now Lily is just days away from her birthday. It is going to be a beautiful, magical day.


Just thinking about it brings me to the verge of excited, heart thumping, happy tears.

My baby sister is going to have a baby.
Her name is Lily.

And I can't wait to meet her. :)


See how my baby is doing


pregnancy due date

Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until Lily is handed to you. I remember I didn't cry or squeal I was just in awe of this beautiful tiny person I waited so long to meet and the most amazing feeling flooded over me. Definately the most wonderful moments in my life. Donna

anna said...

How amazing that there is so much love surrounding you! And as if having Lily wouldn't be fantastic enough, to know that there are so many people who love and care for you, your hubby and this little person you've worked so hard to bring into this world is truly a blessing! Can't wait to hear the news...maybe our babies will be born on the same day!

Tisha said...

Wow, only 1 week left. Thanks for sharing your sisters post, it was beautiful. I got goosebumps reading it. I love checking your blog to see if Lily has arrived. Thanks for giving me a peek into your excitement.

Kelle said...

Awww...dat widdle baby is so loved! Is it wrong that I have a diaper bag packed for the hospital? Is it wrong that I have a special pen ready to sign the birth certificate? Is it wrong that I brought out all of Lainey's newborn stuff and put it around the house? Lol. I wouldn't perhaps be included in that nesting group, would I? SOOOO happy for you, and I promise you won't have to Amber Alert...I'll just hold her when your arms get tired. Yeah, like never. No fair. 143!!!
p.s. kudos on Yael Naim being added to your playlist

goodmamajama said...

I stumbled across your blog while reading other bloggers' struggles with infertility. I have not struggled with it, but my dear friend is on year three or so of trying and is about to do IVF. I will keep checking up to see when Lily arrives!

I have a 16 month old son and I can promise you that your journey ahead will expand your life and heart in so many ways! Remember too, that amidst your gratitude, it is still okay to be honest when parenthood is tiring and confusing...all parents will understand you whether they have biological or adopted children, whether they struggled with fertility issues or not.

Oh god, I don't even know you and I am giving you advice. I'll shut up now. Good god. Sorry about that!

I'm passing your blog along to my friend. Hopefully we'll be sharing her "lily" someday soon!

Good luck!

Jane

Anonymous said...

Well Kelly, i've not posted a comment during this entire time youv'e written in your blog about your newborn abouttobe. Here it is. I am very happy for You & David. It appears that you guys have everything that any child coming into this world could ever want and need. Love, friendships, support from family, & some good doctors. The time is drawing near when the rubber meets the road and the life that You & David are bringing into this world will become a reality. I hope that ya'll (that's South Carolina for you guys) will be the best parents ever, and that Lily will be the best child ever. Ya'll do deserve it. Oops, I did it again (Not to quote Britney Spears). Parenting is hard. It's making decisions that affect how your child thinks about you, but more impotantly, it's how they view others and the love and kindness that they show that reflects their upbringing. There's no manual, book, or advice anyone can give you that can substitute for the way you can show that person how to live. It's just instinct. I can't explain it, it just comes natural. Where in the world has time gone. I mean it just seems like a couple of years ago ya'll (once again) were getting married. Now your'e about to experience something youv'e waited for for a long time. I wish ya'll the best. Hope that we (Me, Sandy, Allison, & Anna) will be able to see Lily soon. Oh yeah, ya'll too.

Duane

Unknown said...

One week! Eric and I are sending our love all the way from Richmond.

Love,
Ali & Eric

Stephanie said...

Oh, Kelly...when I read JB's post, I was full of tears. WOW...I was speechless. I am so excited and happy for you, and David! I am sooo anxious to meet sweet Lily!
~xoxo

dig this chick said...

Support is everything. Family goes beyond the dictionary definition. That post made me tear up. So excited for you!

Wendy Ann Hathaway said...

The birth of your daughter will be the most beautiful, magical, and exhilarating experience of your life. I just loved my labor. Really. You will too. Remember that every contraction, every bit of discomfort brings Lily closer to you and your loving family!!! I still cry when I think about Olive's birth and I doubt I'll ever stop!

Oh, I have to say Lily's due date is a great day, my birthday!!! Love to you! Can't wait to see that baby!!!
Take care,
Wendy Hathaway & Family (Brian included!!!)