Monday, May 07, 2007

Kicks keep on kickin'...


I know I like soccer, but this is taking it a little far don't you think? HSG showed some irregularities in my uterus. The contrast dye should puddle and make a dark pool with no white spots on the x-ray, but didn't have that. They need to take a closer look at it and the only way they can do that is through a surgery called a hysteroscopy. Yes, a surgery! I have to go under and everything! (blech-throwing up in toilet at thought) I'm having it done on Thursday! Yes, this Thursday! yikes! Here's more info:
http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/guide/Hysteroscopy

It is a good thing that we did this because he said we probably wouldnt've gotten pregnant through IVF this time bc the embryo would not have something stable to grasp onto. Obviously, we're disappointed because this puts IVF on the backburner for a few months, but glad we didnt waste $20K on IVF just to not have it work. Of course, Dr. T said it could be nothing, but they need to take a closer look to see just what it is. He said it could be from the dye getting under the lining and altering the xray, could be leftover from the D&C, or it could be something more serious, but they'd be able to take care of it during the surgery. Either way, this is one step to get my body ready for another round of IVF! We still hope to have it done this summer so I dont have to take off work, but it's too early to tell when we'll try again. Thursday will be telling. Thanks for caring!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, wow I hate that you need the surgery but I'm happy they did all of this before ivf. I'm glad it's this week so you can get some answers and move forward. Praying everything goes well! Donna

Jessica said...

Good luck tomorrow, Kelly! Saying prayers all goes well!! :)