Monday, March 07, 2011

Baptism Day

If you know me then you know I love numbers and think everything is a sign. Well, today is my 500th post (gasp) and it just so happens to fall on Grady's Baptism day!! Words will cheapen the love and magic I felt during his baptism so pictures will have to do. I can't believe I've written 500 posts, but the even crazier part about it is that this blog started off as a infertility blog and was called "Life Thu IVF" because I thought it rhymed (doesn't) and I needed support through the toughest trial of my life thus far. My first post was written on December 1, 2006 and when I read it back, it's like another person was writing those words and I'll sometimes skip back to a random post and remember the angst and worry that I had then to help put the angst and worry of today in perspective and my heart is so filled with gratitude for Lily and Grady I could just cry thinking about it. Oh and did I ever cry during the baptism. People watching me must've thought I was a lunatic with all the tears; not to mention the entire section that should've been roped off like at Sea World called the Splash Zone for all theh waterworks. It was a beautiful hour out of our life that will be cemented in our hearts forever.
Pastor Ted walked around holding Grady showing him off like a trophy and my heart almost melted right there on the stage....

How did we get so lucky?

times 2? (uncanny resemblance here)

It felt like my wedding day being up on stage professing our love and commitment in front of God and the entire packed congregation; except this time it was to Grady and promising how we'll raise him with love, laughter and faith all intermingled.



All the while Julie and Eric his Godparents, praying and helping to guide him on his journey through life. If you've ever met thier kids. Nathan and Erica, it speaks to what amazing parents they are. Julie and I worked together when I was going through the worst of the worst so to speak. Many tears were shed together. Within a month of working together I had my first miscarriage and things went downhill from there , but she was always there helping, healing, guiding, loving and most of all praying the whole way through practically in my body going through it with me. I felt like Whoopi Goldberg from Ghost with so many people in my body feeling the same things I felt. Since then we've been able to celebrate and share in all the wonderment of motherhood; albeit our kids being at different stages, but still the parallels are there. Eric is the sweetest man on the planet and happiness seems to follow him everywhere with his big smile. Eric has the same birthday as Grady and it just so happens that the day Grady was born, Eric turned 50 on 10/10/10 so Eric will always be exactly 50 years older to the day than Grady! Another sign. My heart was so happy standing there with them.


And the highlight of the day was my dear friend Andrea sang at the service. She and I both struggled to conceive, but then we both got pregnant and delivered within a day of each other. Another sign. Not only did she sing the baptism song to Grady as Pastor Ted walked him around the congregation, but she sang the special song we had playing the exact moment Grady was born. And when I tell you I was crying, that's an understatement. Andrea and I couldn't meet eyes during the song or she might've forgotten the words. I don't know how she got through it with such grace. My head felt like it was going to explode as I held Grady listening to her sing Hallelujah and it was as if my life flashed before my eyes during that song.



My mind was going off like rapid fire as snapshots of the last 6 years literally fired off in my brain; one half of a super split second I was in the delivery room and David was telling me Grady had blonde hair,

then the next millisecond, I was looking upstairs into 2 empty bedrooms that should be nurseries,

then the next I was watching Lily about to walk,

then I was at our wedding,

then I was getting shots from David,

then I was finding out there wasn't a heartbeat at our ultraound,

then I was at happy hour crying about not being pregnant,

then I was pushing a stroller for the first time at CPK,

then I was crying in David's arms,

then I was painting Lily's room,

then I was at Grady's shower,

then I was hugging a tearful David finding out we were finally pregnant,

then I was singing this beautiful song that I have listened to 124 times since Grady has been born, but never has it been more meaningful than hearing Andrea sing those words that we all feel. Her voice is just breathtaking. Listen for yourself. I know I have about 53 times since yesterday.


Beauty...

Can't see video? Click here

Even Lily sang along...








I wish i could put that hour in a bottle and sprinkle it around the world. I knew it'd be special, but never dreamed it'd be that special...

Ella and Grady reunite...

and of course he was dressed for the occasion. We skipped the sweater vest this week and went with a bowtie.



And Lily, of course, had to have a new dress paired with her Stella and Dot jewelry and her baptism bracelet. Thanks Trish! :)


These 3 are like sisters without the sibling rivalry and fights about sharing clothes...



Jen almost recreated her octomom shot, but came up a bit short this time...



Ella was making the moves on G-Money and we caught it on camera....


I had to do a double take with this picture because I expected Eric to be standing next to Julie. LOL



boys will be boys...


Steve is going to be a Grandpa in a few months so he was getting a little practice in early...


All the singing and bowties tuckered little Grady out and he was passed around like a hot potato. Feeling full and fulfilled knowing that my reason for living is finally here and my heart could fall out of my body when I look at Lily and Grady knowing the amazing responsibility we have been given to raise them. It won't be a perfect ride, or even close to it, but it'll be our very best we can give and we have the whole world of love surrounding them helping to make that possible.


Happy Baptism Day to you sweet little Grady - you are loved beyond measure.

15 comments:

Kelle said...

I love the full-circleness of this post. Beautiful moment and photos and song. Can you believe it's been THREE years since you've been a mama? Happy Baptism Day, little G-man.

The Manrings said...

what a beautifully sincere post kelly....your snapshots of what you were thinking had me all teared up and with the song playing in the background. i feel like i was there with your words and the pictures of sweet grady and his proud big sister. so much love!!!!!!! happy baptism handsome grady!

Annie said...

Beautiful. I am inspired by your appreciation and recognition of beauty in life and in being a mama.

Jessica said...

What a beautiful day and a beautiful story to go along with it. Love the way you love every little thing about your life! You never miss a thing!

Grandpa said...

What a special day it was with so much love flowing . . . especially with our family and so many dear friends wanting to be part of Grady’s big day. . . and what can I say about Andera . . . her singing is absolutely incredible . . . and me? . . . I feel blessed to have seen it all.

Love Ya!
Dad & Grandpa
**************

Jennifer said...

Still feeling filled up from Grady's special day. He is surrounded by so many who love him to the moon and back. Best of all, he has a mommy and daddy who will shower him with love, experiences, quality time, and blessings for a lifetime.

So incredible to watch your family blossom as all your dreams come true...NO WORDS for how much that means to me.

Happy Baptism, my sweet, wonderful HAPPY nephew!!!

xoxo
Aunt Jennifer

Jennifer said...

WOW - It might take me a while to get the lump out of my throat! This is a beautiful post. To say that God is working in your life is an understatement. Happy Baptism sweet smiley Grady.

Tisha said...

this post gave me chills and goosebumps. i loved the part where you narrated your thoughts. what a road you have traveled, to get to your sweet little miracles.

Anna Ruth said...

What an amazing day! Being circled by family and friends for the beautiful day.

Heidi said...

happy baptism, grady love!!! beautiful post and holy beautiful song by andrea.

wanted to cry when i saw julie and eric. what amazing peeps!

xo such a beautiful family you have!

Tracy Balderach said...

What a wonderful post.....just love the whole story of your life and journey of becoming parents.....and the bow tie- WOW- Lily's little outfit- WOW- the pictures are gorgeous.....Congrats on such a special day. You can really feel the love through this post! xxoo

Cibele said...

The love oozes out of your words dear... You have a thankful heart. Thanks for sharing, the pictures are so precious.

Anonymous said...

What a perfect, special day, from the people who attended, to the music sung (Andrea is INCREDIBLE) to Pastor Ted walking Grady around the congregation – introducing him. I LOVED that touch! It was all PERFECT, PERFECT, PERFECT. And you couldn’t have chosen more wonderful Godparents.
I am so proud of my entire family. I love you all so much. These pictures are terrific and capture the whole spirit of the day. You have a lot of people that also love you so much.
P.S. So glad Brian and Tara could share this as well.
Love, Mom

Julie Frizzi said...

oh, my.....thank you for your such kind words (and your momma, too)..We feel so honored to have this role and love every second of watching both children grow up with such wonderful, loving parents. Just so you know, I am now in the passenger seat helping Erica learn to drive so please pray every day for us! such a new and frightening thing!! Love you all!

Nadine said...

Hi Kelly,
I read this post when you first posted it and ever since can't stop thinking about the beautiful song your friend Andrea was singing at the baptism, would you mind sharing what the name of the song is or how I can find it?

Thank you so much!

Nadine