Friday, April 18, 2008

Great Appointments!!

We went to see Lily's pediatrician and then went to the lactation consultant. What great visits they were! She's gaining weight and even more after she breastfed which was VERY reassuring to show me that she is getting what she needs from me. Because she is gaining weight, I can start to breastfeed every 3-4 hours or as she needs. We need to count her dirty diapers to make sure she keeps getting what she needs from breastfeeding.
The schedule seems MUCH MORE realistic, but I do think this crazy schedule I've been doing has helped to boost my milk supply. Mommy feeling lots better. Lily is happily napping right now and I think I'm going to the same!! Feeling a lot lighter!! David had meetings he couldn't miss so a BIG thank you to my sister Jen for going with me to these appointments, holding my hand and making me feel so supported through it all! She left her sick son (who she was home with from school) to go to the appts with me and it meant SOOOO much!! It really did help immensely as you know!!! Xoxo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great news Kelly! Thank goodness you'll be back to 3-4 hours and before you know it Lily will let you know when she's ready to eat without all the schedules...xoxo to your little princess!

Love Donna

Jessica said...

Awesome news, Kelly!! :) How nice that you can now start BF'ing on a 3-4 hour schedule. I never did that with Eli...he was always 2-3 hours. But, he was a quick eater...so I was sometimes done in 10 minutes! Hope you are getting a good nap in!!

Stephanie said...

YAH! That's a good widdle girl, Lily! Glad to hear that things are going better for the both of you, and to hear that she's gaining weight &is as healthy as can be! She's 2 weeks old already, OH MY! :o)

xoxo!!!

Heidi said...

Great Kell! I knew it would go well! I love your new schedule...much more realistic! Those two extra hours in between feedings are like 5 hours in exhausted, new mommy time! Not trying to get u or Lily intoxicated...but I once drank dark ale beer to boost my miilk supply! IT WORKED! Kisses and hugs to all 3 of you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly, just wanted to pass along some info I read on several reputable sites:

Nonalcoholic beer is just as effective in this regard as regular beer, and is preferred if you want to try using it to increase your milk supply.

Hey you might want a beer anyway lol but it's actually not the alcohol in beer that may help increase milk supply.
xoxo Donna