Thursday, April 03, 2008

40 Weeks

Well, here it is!! This'll probably be my last belly picture. I was actually kinda sad taking these last pictures knowing the kicking, rolling, contractions inside my belly will soon end, but can't even imagine what it'll be like when she's "out" rolling and kicking in real life! This is the only way I've known her. I love her so much this way and can't imagine it growing more because my heart could burst!! This has been the best 40 weeks of my life!! My entire life. Hands down!!





How about this for growth? Any guesses on her weight? (not mine!) I found the shirt I wore for my 6 week belly shot, dug it out of the very back corner of my drawer and forced it on!! It's a really long shirt so it actually fit!! Looking at these pictures, it's so surreal to think all that has happened inside my body in just 34 weeks!! My body was taken over by a miracle so profound, spiritual, something out of my control and it was the most magical feeling ever!!















So at my family shower, the ever creative Kelle had a genius idea!!! She had the idea to pass out real Lily Bulbs as a party favor!! How genius is that? (on top of homemade baby hands and feet shaped cookies) This was in February so guess what? All the lilies that everyone took with them are starting to bloom!!! I'm getting pictures and stories from all over about how their Lily is doing! I love how much time, effort, and love goes into every story of how they're keeping care of their Lily flower. It's symbolic of how much Lily is loved so much by so many already! She is one lucky little girl. We were obsessive and went to 5-6 different stores all over town looking for just the right flower pot to match the blue in our kitchen. We had to get just the right one.

Here is the note that was attached to every Lily Bulb.

Waiting for Lily: Tonight is the celebration of a dream we have long waited for...our Lily. Over theyears, there were times when hopes for that dream seemed dim, but we knew at the end of the journey, our hopes and prayers would blossom into dreams come true. This little bulb may not look very pretty now, but with a little waiting, a little hope - it will bloom into a beautiful, pefect lily. May its beauty remind you of God's blessing to David and Kelly...Lily Grace. And, as you take care of your lily, may you be reminded to support David and Kelly in love Lily and being an example of all the good things in her life.



Here's how our Lily is doing...I'm so proud of her already!! :) Can't wait to see her bloom!!


13 comments:

Kelle said...

I'm so emotional today! Just cried and cried reading this knowing it's the last belly picture. I have no words to say that could express how I feel for you and David right now. I love you!

Stephanie said...

:o) I've said time & time again...I am so excited for you and David! I have a feeling today may be the day...I will not be @ home today, but I brought my laptop along. I couldn't go an ENTIRE day w/o checking your blog for updates! ~xoxoxo

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

I know you will miss that belly, but as beautiful as that tummy feels, it will be replaced with someone you will love and cherish forever...someone you will hold, kiss, smell, hear, cuddle, and LOVE for the rest of your life. It only gets BETTER!!! Every day it gets better!!! I love you!!!!!!

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carin said...

loved this post!

yes, it only gets better from here! you won't believe it!

Anonymous said...

I remember thinking I'd miss my belly but then they handed me Stevie once I was out of surgery and I remember holding him close to my brushing his fuzzy hair back with my fingers and I never looked back...they're such miracles! You'll have to get a photo of Lily next to her lily and outside near the flowers daddy planted for her arrival! So happy you'll be holding your little mircle close to your heart and just breathing her in soon! Love Donna

jen said...

thanks for checking out my blog (and responding)...
CONGRATULATIONS! it, honestly, is the best thing ever. good luck to you! i'll be checking on you (well, through your blog anyway!)
oh...and i'll also be thinking about your lily as i watch my day-lilies pop up this spring! i think i remember hearing somewhere that they are flower symbol of motherhood (?)...i'll check on that. all i know is that they multiply like crazy in my front flower bed....hmmmmmm...maybe that's why...

Heidi said...

Kelly,
U will miss that belly, but the best is yet to come. When you see her for the first time, time actually seems to stop. It is the BEST moment. A moment sure to take your breath away.
XOXO

Kara said...

Kelly,

I am so excited for you and David! I keep checking the blog to see if little Lily has made her grand appearance yet! It's almost an addiction now! What an amazing legacy you have left for her on this blog! There is no doubt this little girl will be born in to a loving, caring, amazing family!

Congrats!
Kara Jansen

Anonymous said...

EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!
I have to tell you that your blog is an icon on my iPhone home screen. I check it all the time!!! And I know for a fact that I am not the only one who has your blog as an iPhone icon!
EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!!
It is the first thing I check in the morning and before I go to bed, especially this week!!! Tomorrow (the 4th) you can bet that I'll be checking all darn day!!!
EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!

Anonymous said...

OMGsh! I love the music playing. AHHHHHHH! So relaxing. I can just hear it now, playing in Lily's room while she sleeps! AAAAAHHHHHH!!

dig this chick said...

Kelly, what a fabulous last belly shot it is! Can't wait for updates...I thought about right when I woke up this morning next to bug in bed. Kelle, what a thoughtful gift!